Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Volkswagen techs i need your help module...
Volkswagen techs i need your help module coding?

2308 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-17 15:22:32

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    mtony1982
    2014-10-16 14:24:43
    Had a car come in had battery replaced at parts store now has codes in almost every module I heard that module coding can remedy this? my maxisys shows coding option but I have no experience with it I understand the basics of it but how do we decide to change the coding and how do we know what coding to enter also since I don't have the pro version is this still possible to code these or do I need a passthru? Any insight on this would be much appreciated thanks in advance

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2014-10-17 15:22:32 (Reply to:mtony1982)

the pro version is not needed for coding just for flashing modules. You should not have to recode just because the battery has been changed. Sometime things need to be retrained like window limits and such on some cars like BMW. I would record and erase all codes. The then deal with what if any come back. Most german car I work on have codes in them if I do a system test but that does not always mean there truly a problem. The ones you fix are the one that show as current or one that you see keep coming back.
  Total1 Pages